1. Public relations (PR) is about the relationship your organisation has with the public.
2. It has taken over the role of mass marketing and side steps targeted advertising campaigns, which many people have become de-sensitised to.
3. Carefully crafted PR is all about contacting the media with the news. When a story is used, it comes across as a journalist’s opinion or recommendation, giving it greater credibility than a paid for advert.
4. PR can also be much more cost-effective than traditional marketing methods and advertising campaigns. It can enhance an organisation’s reputation and convey its message effectively via print, TV, radio and social media.
5. We don’t suggest our clients abandon all forms of advertising, but we can help bolster or save money on their current spend.
6. PR companies can also offer various levels of support depending on budget.
7. Reputation and a loyal customer base are two of the most important assets of any organisation and effective PR can go a long way to building both.
8. It concentrates on the benefits your organisation or product can bring and it promotes those benefits to a wider audience as well as new and existing customers.
9. PR companies act as a mediator between the client and the media, shaping your message into something that could be featured within a publication or by radio and television broadcasters.
10. Successful PR helps a client reach their intended audience quickly and effectively. It can also instil loyalty within existing customers and drive new website traffic and business footfall.
11. PR companies will work with you closely, develop and maintain relationships with the media and continually promote and raise awareness of your brand while helping it to remain current.
12. PR is a long-term but worthwhile investment and is the key to a successful organisation.
Porcupine PR team